Tuesday, December 30, 2014

The dirty list

Over the past fourteen years I have tried practically everything short of scraping my face off to try and get rid of my acne.
I have had SEVERE acne, to moderate acne, to no acne at all! Here are some of the products I have tried over the years.

Proactive.. 'HAHAHA' is all I should really say to explain how I feel about this line. I remember when it first came out, I saw the commercial on TV and everyone looked so happy and said to be having great success! Well this was the beginning of it all. I fell for it. And who wouldn't? If you have been SUFFERING with acne like I have, you will try just about anything to make it stop.
Long story short, it did shit all. Oh wait, no sorry, it dried out my skin. Period.

moving on..

I tried Accutane. It helped, was it worth it? No. The acne came back pretty much right away and with a vengeance. Not worth the risks at all.

Birth Control. This works. However, it does matter which type of birth control you go on. I was on Diane 35 for years and years. Worked like a charm! I had great skin when I was on that product. Although.. I'm twenty-seven now, I've been on birth control for fourteen years. Needless to say I have been off birth control for a year now and I am battling the pimples once again!

Sidebar.. when I went off birth control my skin instantly exploded! Pimples for days some might say.

I have tried practically every drugstore acne cream and face wash, Its all garbage. If you are looking to get rid of your acne and you are ok with being on birth control, regardless of what I say in my next blogs on this subject, it is my highest recommendation to get rid of acne. It just isn't something I want to continue with anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment